Reply to "LM & Celebrity Non-Celebrityism"

I have read, with interest, the comments made on this topic.
While Miss McKennitt strives to be a "regular" citizen, it must be very difficult to maintain that status. To have her gift can also be a burden. I can't imagine what it must be like to have everyone wanting a piece of you. While I am sure that there is great joy in the approval received from "fans", there must be times when one is tired and just not up to the extended hours to which Miss McKennitt has alluded.

To meet Miss McKennitt after a performance is a bonus... a priviledge in my eyes. It is never a sure thing, although by her response, I can see that she tries very hard to accomodate her admirers. I would hope that fans everywhere would take things in stride and stay on the positive side. By the sounds of it, with a little patience, they will be rewarded. It would be nice to have the added bonus of that autograph, but that wasn't the real reason you went to that concert...was it? No... it is her musical performance and her words that we wish to experience at that concert.

We would all love to meet Loreena McKennitt on a personal level, but for most of us that is never going to happen. We can dream, though! Smiler

Anyway, I don't think anyone should suggest ulterior motives, nor read into her words meanings that are not there. Neither should Miss Mckennitt have to justify herself. Things happen, time runs short (or long!) and circumstances that affect all of us, affect her as well.

Enjoy the music, with no great expectations...and who knows what will happen? Sometimes, dreams do come true.

Cheers, everyone.

John