Reply to "LM & Celebrity Non-Celebrityism"

quote:
To meet Miss McKennitt after a performance is a bonus... a priviledge in my eyes. It is never a sure thing, although by her response, I can see that she tries very hard to accomodate her admirers. I would hope that fans everywhere would take things in stride and stay on the positive side. By the sounds of it, with a little patience, they will be rewarded. It would be nice to have the added bonus of that autograph, but that wasn't the real reason you went to that concert...was it? No... it is her musical performance and her words that we wish to experience at that concert.

I totally agree, John. I've been to two concerts and had the good fortune to meet Ms. McKennitt both times. But, I didn't go with the expectation that I would meet her. I didn't feel as if it were an entitlement. It was pure good fortune.

Personally, I can't imagine what it would feel like to expend all that energy on stage, then appear at the stage door, smile, greet all those people, sign all those autographs *and* then move on to the next city and start all over again. It's probably all compounded and complicated by other business, family and personal demands. And it lasts for weeks on end.

The fact that so many people want to meet Ms. McKennitt must be a similar to a "double edged sword". Gratifying on one hand and yet physically and emotionally demanding on the other.

Will I attend more concerts? Probably if it's at all feasible. Would I like to meet Ms. McKennitt again after her concert? Only if good fortune smiles. Smiler