Breaking of the sword

And so Loreena is coming back... A new song and, I hope and think, a new album. Nice to hear her powerful voice growing and her new melody. What about you? Have you heard the new song?

Fear no more the heat of the sun...

Original Post
Pa posted:

I do hope she comes out with a new album and yes I juat heard it a few mintues ago. It's a bless and quite pleasing to hear her voice again in a new track. ❤❤❤

Who knows... Maybe the new album is coming out at the beginning of 2018?

Wonderful news, a new song by Loreena - "Breaking of the Sword" Sadly when looking to download a HD version or at least a FLAC lossless version......nothing appears to be available!

Just the usual suspects Amazon & Google with MP3 versions, and Apple with something a little better but certainly not HD.

Surely with Loreena's wonderful voice ............ something considerably better than MP3 is available?

Jettgod

Dear Miss McKennitt!

I was so lucky because I'm two time, see You in live my little country - in Hungary

I have a  questions for You (or for somebody who can answer for me ...) this your new wonderful Piece (or hopeless PieceS) will publishing in another format?

(My favorite - because I my hobby is audiophil music listening - the vinyl.)

Sorry I don't like the digitally downloaded format in music ...

You now, I have Your all albums in vinyl and CD booth (of course NOT downloaded) - execpt the "Live in San Francisco" - I can't buy this across fifteen years, anyhow I trying  ... but I will be very happy when your new Piece is will be avalible (with another your wonderful New Pieces of course) on vinyl format.

I thank You for Your (or Your represent) answer in advance ...

With honest dedication your old fan : Mr. Peter, Gál.

Breaking of the Sword
words & music Loreena McKennitt

On a sunny April morning
My dear son you were born
Until one day you were called away
From my heart was torn

As a boy you knew the stables
As a lad you knew the fields
My son you worked beside me
But to country you must yield

CHORUS

You were called to serve the country.
You were called to serve the king.
And from our home you left one day
And of this today I sing.

When I stood there at the station
And our eyes one last time met
It was at that moment my dear son,
T’is that I’ll ne’er forget.

Is it now a mother’s blessing
That the country is truly free?
You gave your life for all of us
And all humanity.

As I stand here at your grave side
And the spring birds sing their song,
My child I love you more and more
And will my whole life long.

CHORUS

You were called to serve the country
You were called to serve the king
And from our home you left one day
And of this today we sing.

Fabio posted:

And so Loreena is coming back... A new song and, I hope and think, a new album. Nice to hear her powerful voice growing and her new melody. What about you? Have you heard the new song?

Hello Fabio and everybody,

I've heard and bought the song and I like the approach of a mother who has lost a child that Loreena's taken in order to commemorate the Remembrance Day of Canada. I feel curious about how the work of the armed forces is praised in some countries of America, I think we do not do that in other areas of the world as much for several historical reasons.

Going back to the song, the production and her voice are superb as always. As most of you, I suppose, I always love to listen to her songs with my headphones and pay attention to the different layers of sound and 'meditate' on the message every instrument brings, I could qualify it as an awesome  therapy!

It's definitely  great to be able to listen to a new recording of hers and I'm glad she and her great team are still 'on the road', especially nowadays when in my opinion most of the music you hear on the radio is of extremely low quality.  Some days ago I came up with a comment about present music industry by Joni Mitchell, in which she qualified it as a 'corrupt cesspool'. I totally agree on that and I'm happy that still there are musicians who try to bring their light to the audience, their job is more important than it may seem. 

Thank you.

Loreena's new song hopefully will be the first of a future brand new album...but the song itself...is beyond beautiful!!! It transported me to that parallel universe of love and compassion where Loreena's music lives and thrives! Loreena, I want to thank you so much for your new gift to the world!!!

Add Reply

Likes (0)