Concert in Ottawa, December 2017.

Hello everybody,

Today I've received a message from Quinlan Road about her upcoming performances in December in Ottawa, as I'm going to attend the first concert. I've decided to open a thread about it in order to share my excitement and also to know if there are more people going or just share some ideas or information, as I haven't participated in this forum for some time. I'm living in Ottawa for some months and I feel extremely excited to see her live again, I think it's going to be like feeling at home in Canada... just a gift!

God bless these musicians and artists that brighten up our lives.

Manel

Manel

Original Post

Hi everybody!

It's been a wonderful Christmas concert, and great to be in such an important event for the Canadian Armed Forces despite the snow, which is anyway another attraction for a Mediterranean visitor like me. The music has been simply exquisite, very varied, and Loreena's done some new arrangements for her songs, she's been beautiful as always and she's sung incredibly, it's been very moving. She's started with a solo performance: there she was, with all the audience in silence, amazed... omg! 😉   Later she's joined a nice group of string players and then the orchestra. At the end the audience has had the chance to join her and the orchestra by singing songs like 'White Christmas' and 'Jingle Bells', simply wonderful and something very different to what we're used to seeing with her. 

I'm attaching the program, sorry for the bad quality but I'm not the best  doing those things with the phone.  The initial solo performance consists of the songs 'Coventry Carol' and 'Snow' and the last three songs are 'Silent Night', 'White Christmas' and 'Jingle Bells', which we've sung all together. 

Wishing you a very merry Christmas,

Manel

Attachments

Add Reply

Likes (0)