Let's Play a Game.

I think it would be fun if we played a little "name that tune" sort of a game. Ill post a line from one of LM's songs and whoever knows the name of the song should post the answer along with a new line for someone to guess. Let's see if anyone wants to give it a try... (I'm bored at work, haha)

Ill start with an easy one:

"Standing on the bridge that crosses The river that goes out to the sea The wind is full of a thousand voices They pass by the bridge and me"
Original Post
quote:
Standing on the bridge that crosses The river that goes out to the sea The wind is full of a thousand voices They pass by the bridge and me


With the delay between posting and the post appearing on the site you mght get multiple answers.

But the answer to this is:
All souls night

New line:
"I boldly stepped up to her
And put her in surprise
I know she did not know me
I being in disguise."
The song is called "Banks of Claudy". This a fun game, and I am glad you are required to the songs!
Name This Tune:

"Sire, the night is darker now
And the wind blows stronger
Fails my heart, I know not how
I can go no longer."
"Mark my foot steps, good my page
Tread thou in them bodly
Thou shall find the winter's rage
Freeze thy blood less coldly."
quote:
Originally posted by Gina:
Name This Tune:

"Sire, the night is darker now
And the wind blows stronger
Fails my heart, I know not how
I can go no longer."
"Mark my foot steps, good my page
Tread thou in them bodly
Thou shall find the winter's rage
Freeze thy blood less coldly."


GOOD KING WENCESLAS

Lets make it a little bit harder. I give only one line:
No choice may ours to be
quote:
Thankyou Ramona!
luckily this website enables you to look at the lyrics of every song of every album!

the line is from Beneath a Phrygian Sky!
okay, my turn?
see if you can guess this one...

"...Gazing where the Lilies blow..."

Luv Jesse


Hi Jesse!!!
The answer is The Lady of Shallot.

How about a little twist; since it is fairly easy to find the lyrics; here is a quote from Loreena, all you have to do is name the song it is from. I'll make it easy at first.

"...I wake up early to catch my flight home, and at 5:30 a.m. hear men chanting in the mosque, one of the most moving and primitive sounds I have ever heard."

Peace, Love, and Harmony,
Gina
Must be my favourite...

Full Circle

I'll go on on that...

I was met by deep reminders that they may be the remnants of the old world meeting the "new".


P.S. A very good idea reneecamp!


quote:
Originally posted by Gina:
...
"...I wake up early to catch my flight home, and at 5:30 a.m. hear men chanting in the mosque, one of the most moving and primitive sounds I have ever heard."

Peace, Love, and Harmony,
Gina
quote:
Must be my favourite...

Full Circle

I was met by deep reminders that they may be the remnants of the old world meeting the "new".
I stand and applaude!!! Great job, it is one of my very favorites toooooooo!!!
Anxious 2, it's your turn to make us guess!!!
Love,
Gina

P.S. A very good idea reneecamp!
quote:
Originally posted by Gina:
I love this game!!!

"...but the landlord's black-eyed daughter..."

Jesse, you picked my favorite!!! The Highwayman!!!

Guess this one:
"La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la."

Gina


Tango to Evora? Big Grin I already answered one that was posted earlier that hadn't been reply to so I won't give another just yet Smiler
quote:
Originally posted by Gina:
I love this game!!!
...
Guess this one:
"La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la."

Gina


haahahahahaaaahah

Tango to Evora


quote:
Originally posted by lilymaid:
All for the love of you

It´s easy!!^^


Hmm... mysterious... the Mystic's Dream...
Hmmm... is it Santiago? You are very tricky Gina Wink

quote:
Originally posted by Gina:
LMfan and Anxious 2, sorry you're both incorrect. I've been trying to think of hints that are not too obvious.
Try singing the "la"s, you might be able to catch the melody then the name of the song will be revealed to you.

Good luck,
Gina
Then I think it must be...

Santiago

?

(I have just written one earlier. So I'm not gonna give you a new. Then I might run dry of good ines... Big Grin )


quote:
Originally posted by Gina:
LMfan and Anxious 2, sorry you're both incorrect. I've been trying to think of hints that are not too obvious.
Try singing the "la"s, you might be able to catch the melody then the name of the song will be revealed to you.

Good luck,
Gina
LMfan and Ruth,

No it's not Santiago or Lullaby. I didn't realize that the song and Lullaby had the same number of "la"s in it.
The number of songs with "la"s in it is narrowing down.
I am not sure if this will help, but, Loreena wrote the music and lyrics (la) herself, not a poem or tradtional song.
Try again,
Gina
quote:
Originally posted by Anxious 2:
Annachie Gordon Big Grin

Hmm...
Try this:

They join there hands
Sing there songs
The nary a soul can hear.


(I hope I've heard right)


quote:
Originally posted by LoreenaMckennittfan:
I think this might be a toughy Big Grin

"Down came her father and he's standing at the door"


Good! Big Grin

I think the Theme from Tinkerbell although I'm not sure what the title is... I think "When the Faeries Draw Near" no matter it's an awesome song!
Okay after much thinking and listening I think I've got it (If I'm right I'm posting an instrumental :P)

Lullaby has the same ammout of La's in the beginning! But I consider them moreso "loo's" and if I'm wrong now I can't post Lullaby if I wanted too Wink

quote:
Originally posted by Gina:
LMfan and Ruth,

No it's not Santiago or Lullaby. I didn't realize that the song and Lullaby had the same number of "la"s in it.
The number of songs with "la"s in it is narrowing down.
I am not sure if this will help, but, Loreena wrote the music and lyrics (la) herself, not a poem or tradtional song.
Try again,
Gina
quote:
Originally posted by Ruth:
Well, if not Lullaby, or Santiago, or Tango to Evora or Marco Polo ... It must be Prologue, from the album The Book of Secrets. And this song has the same number of "la"s, and if it is not... Confused


Ruth, you guessed it!!!! It is Prologue!!! You won!!! Great work you did, I am so proud of you!!! Now it's your turn to make us sweat and tweak our brains.
Love,
Gina
Hmmm...

You really make me think now Gina.

Which songs does she actually sing la la... in?

Beside the three already mentioned (Tango to Evora, Santiago and Lullaby) I can think of these:

Marco Polo
Incantation
Ancient Pines
The Mystic's Dream (the start or end)
Proloque

And as I read further up the thread I stumbled over Ruths answer
quote:
Originally posted by Ruth:
Well, if not Lullaby, or Santiago, or Tango to Evora or Marco Polo ... It must be Prologue, from the album The Book of Secrets. And this song has the same number of "la"s, and if it is not... Confused

Which I too think might be it according to the no. of la's.

I hope we're right this time... Confused
You're right LMfan. Wink

I think I'll try this one then.

Though they can't bear me


quote:
Originally posted by LoreenaMckennittfan:
Good! Big Grin

I think the Theme from Tinkerbell although I'm not sure what the title is... I think "When the Faeries Draw Near" no matter it's an awesome song!
quote:
Originally posted by Cintia:
Hi....
MARRAKESH NIGHT MARKET

and...another "Than you can understand"


Hi Ruth!
The answer is Stolen Child. As I read the lyric, Loreena's voice and the rhythm came right to me.

Don't worry, no La-las this time!!!

And I looked up to the stars above

Good Luck,
Gina
quote:
Originally posted by Anxious 2:
Must be Stolen Child

Ok
Try this
Gentle breath of yours my sails




OH! I think I've got it! I think it's Prospero's Speach... I need to buy that album again...

Here's mine.

it's just one line

"Or else they stand and sniff the wind" -song that makes me cry if you need a hint Wink
Hi Gina

Why not!
Could be funny to do one of all the others... Big Grin

Well I guess it must be
Beneath A Phrygian Sky
(Just had to sing the line 30 times before it stroke me...)

A new one...

A silence everywhere


quote:
Originally posted by Gina:
Don't worry, no La-las this time!!!

And I looked up to the stars above

Good Luck,
Gina

Add Reply

Likes (3)
Jesserobin_vRuth
×
×
×
×