Let's Play a Game.

Hi Anxious.
I've been so long in posting a reply because I just couldn't think of where that line could be from! Confused

Ha ha, just kidding! It's The Lady of Shalott, of course...I've just been away from the internet for too long.

Here's my next line:
my own fireside
Hello Jesse,

quote:
Originally posted by Jesse:

Here's my next line:
my own fireside


I guess, it's from "The Star Of The County Down"
    "Till my smiling bride by my own fireside
    Sits the star of the County Down."



So, where are these words from:
There's life within?

Good Luck!
Hey! Look who back! Big Grin I've been so fudging busy at uni. There was one week where I was LITERALLY living at uni and only sleeping at home...

...but back to the game!

there's life within?

Yes, anam cara, there certainly is! Especially in the song Breaking the Silence...

Next: "army from the west."
quote:
Originally posted by Semaspa A:
Anywhoooo....
"wind sings in tune".
Good luck!


quote:
Originally posted by Audrey:
My turn: "With his cheeks like roses" easy to find!



Must both be from Elemental

Semaspa: Come by the Hills
Audrey: The Blacksmith

I'll though only give you half a sentence for that... Big Grin

oh my heart
(and it's not Maggie Reilly! Razzer)

Anxious
quote:
Originally posted by Anxious 2:
quote:
Originally posted by Anxious 2:
oh my heart
(and it's not Maggie Reilly! Razzer)

Anxious


Guess you need "breaking" a hint... Wink


All I can think of is a strange mash-up of The Bonny Swans and The Wind that Shakes the Barley:

"I sat within a valley green
hey-ho, and a bonny oh
my heart it stove to choose between
the swans swim so bonny oh"

...yeah that's totally wrong...
quote:
Originally posted by Jesse:
quote:
Originally posted by Anxious 2:
quote:
Originally posted by Anxious 2:
oh my heart
(and it's not Maggie Reilly! Razzer)

Anxious


Guess you need "breaking" a hint... Wink


All I can think of is a strange mash-up of The Bonny Swans and The Wind that Shakes the Barley:

"I sat within a valley green
hey-ho, and a bonny oh
my heart it stove to choose between
the swans swim so bonny oh"

...yeah that's totally wrong...


Very funny Jesse Big Grin

I believe the answer is BREAKING THE SILENCE from PARALLEL DREAMS, a great song, Loreena is a genius.

Next: into the forest
quote:
Originally posted by Ramona:

Very funny Jesse Big Grin

I believe the answer is BREAKING THE SILENCE from PARALLEL DREAMS, a great song, Loreena is a genius.

Next: into the forest


That's another one from Parallel Dreams! "And if I heard the owl's cry, into the forest I would fly" from Samain Night.
New quote: "gone the birds". Good luck!
~A
quote:
Originally posted by Jesse:
quote:
Originally posted by Anxious 2:
quote:
Originally posted by Anxious 2:
oh my heart
(and it's not Maggie Reilly! Razzer)

Anxious


Guess you need "breaking" a hint... Wink


All I can think of is a strange mash-up of The Bonny Swans and The Wind that Shakes the Barley:

"I sat within a valley green
hey-ho, and a bonny oh
my heart it stove to choose between
the swans swim so bonny oh"

...yeah that's totally wrong...


Quite right Jesse! You're totally wrong! But love you still though Big Grin

Ramona and Semaspa, you are right Smiler

(Sorry, but have no suggestion yet to Semaspa's line... Frowner )
I have a good one that anyone could figure out. What I made up from two of Ms. McKennitt's songs sounds like a romantic combination to me (and very much like something you would put in a Hallmark card):
"Upon a darkened night, a flame of love was burning in my breast...Oh night that thou was guide/oh night more love than the rising sun/ oh night that shone the lover to the beloved one/ transforming each of them into the other...I will keep your heart with mine till you come to me."
Loreenya
Hi Loreenya,

I have never played this game before but it sounds like a lot of fun. Is the song The Dark Night of The Soul?

I have one. But I think it might be an easy one: And He will give us our wages due, A crown of purest gold. Smiler


quote:
Originally posted by Loreenya:
I have a good one that anyone could figure out. What I made up from two of Ms. McKennitt's songs sounds like a romantic combination to me (and very much like something you would put in a Hallmark card):
"Upon a darkened night, a flame of love was burning in my breast...Oh night that thou was guide/oh night more love than the rising sun/ oh night that shone the lover to the beloved one/ transforming each of them into the other...I will keep your heart with mine till you come to me."
Loreenya
quote:
Originally posted by Semaspa A:
New quote: "gone the birds". Good luck!
~A


That's from Skellig:

"Oh light the candle John
The daylight has almost gone
The birds
have sung their last
The bells call all to mass"

quote:
Originally posted by Loreenya:
something you would put in a Hallmark card:
"Upon a darkened night, a flame of love was burning in my breast...Oh night that thou was guide/oh night more love than the rising sun/ oh night that shone the lover to the beloved one/ transforming each of them into the other...I will keep your heart with mine till you come to me."


That'd be The Dark Night of the Soul, as Lizjul guessed, but ALSO Penelope's Song

quote:
Originally posted by Lizjul:
And He will give us our wages due, A crown of purest gold. Smiler


The closing line of Let Us the Infant Greet!

...yes everyone, I'm still alive! Uni's been very busy...

Next line (hint: you will need to go YouTube hunting!):
"What makes you rise so soon, my dear
Your journey to pursue?"
Hi Jesse,

quote:
Originally posted by Jesse:
Next line (hint: you will need to go YouTube hunting!):
"What makes you rise so soon, my dear
Your journey to pursue?"


I went hunting Wink and stumbled across the song "Searching for Lambs":
2nd verse: What makes you rise so soon, my dear,
Your journey to pursue?
Your pretty little feet they tread so neat,
Strike off the morning dew.


What about these words:
A soul can hear
Just a little anxious question...
Did this game die?
Have we run out of lines?
Surely and hopefully not!
Or I'll be happy to kick it going again Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by anam cara:
What about these words:
A soul can hear

Hi anam cara

My quess would be "To the Fairies they Draw Near" from "Tinkerbell"

And a new line...
Only to find you there
I think we may have just run out of challenging lines...Thanks for bringing it back!

Anyway, your line is from Penelope's Song.
Now try this: "gazing out to sea"
Good luck!
Alex

quote:
Originally posted by Anxious 2:
Just a little anxious question...
Did this game die?
Have we run out of lines?
Surely and hopefully not!
Or I'll be happy to kick it going again Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by anam cara:
What about these words:
A soul can hear

Hi anam cara

My quess would be "To the Fairies they Draw Near" from "Tinkerbell"

And a new line...
Only to find you there
Sorry Anxious! I've been on summer holidays, so no internet access for me in the last three months or so...well, very little, anyway!

quote:
Originally posted by Semapsa A:
Now try this: "gazing out to sea"


That'd be from Standing Stones...one of my favourites. Big Grin

Next line:

"now dead now death"
It's time to revive our little game...!

quote:
Originally posted by anam cara:
What about this one:
"To these few lines"?


Hmm, I had to look this up, and found out I never really listened to it much - might be the reason why I didn't recognise the line... It's from "The Seasons"

And a new line:
"were they deaf"
Okay, this game has been asleep for too long! 
Before I give the answer to this puzzle, here's a recap for any newcomers who want to join in:  you pick a line from any song of Loreena's, and someone else guesses; the first to get it right gets to go next!  The clues can range from easy, such as a whole stanza, to hard (a portion of a line; you can also do worse, but let's not go there now!)  You can also do "who-did-what" puzzles in which the response cites the song, fill-in-the-blanks, and so on.  (Hey, I said it was a recap; I didn't say it was going to be quick!)
Anyway, the last clue, from Jessi, was:
"hay for I"
That's from "Raglan Road"...

Next one:
"In the corner stood"

Have fun!
Alex

It's "Come By The Hills", on of my favorites too. They are all my favorites! It's actually "...and cares of tomorrow must wait..." not "girls of tomorrow". I'm a stickler when it comes to lyrics. Now I have to think of the next....

Tic.....

Toc....

Ok, here we go...

"...day gave birth, it was in this magic moment"

Hi Gina,

    Thanks for reply, for years I thought it was girls.....cares works too.  I agree, they are all my faves too

answer: Beneath a Phrygian Sky

As the last star it shimmered, and the new sun's day gave birth, it was in this magic moment, came this prayer for mother earth.

next:  Harking is bonnie.......

 

Yes! You got it!

You picked another one of my top favorites!

Harking is bonnie and there lives my love,

My love lies on him and cannot receive..." I can go on and on, but I won't, I'll let Loreena do that.

It's "Annachie Gordon"! He is so bonnie and bright!

Well, let's get on with the game...

"...grown wild, how a..."

 

"The Two Trees" is one of my favorites songs too! I have a lot of favorite songs.

Now it's going to hard for me to find a tricky hint because once you start reading, the melody starts playing and Loreena starts singing. This might take a while...

"pull up his casks that have l..."

Enjoy!

Gina

 

It's...it's...AAALLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!

Boy, am I glad!  Anyway, Gina's is from "The Seasons"  (Behold the loaded apple tree the farmer has befriended; they will *fill up his casks that have* long lay dry."  

Here's mine:  "they're carried by horse..."

Good luck!  

Add Reply

×
×
×
×