new interview with Loreena

Just to let everyone know that a new one-hour special interview with Loreena on A Midwinter Night's Dream (recorded at Real World Studios in August) will be broadcast on Mandy Morton's Eclectic Light Show on Wednesday 3 December at 7pm, UK time.

To listen on-line, live or for a week after the original broadcast, go to www.bbc.co.uk/cambridgeshire and follow the links.
Original Post
quote:
Originally posted by nicola:
Just to let everyone know that a new one-hour special interview with Loreena on A Midwinter Night's Dream (recorded at Real World Studios in August) will be broadcast on Mandy Morton's Eclectic Light Show on Wednesday 3 December at 7pm, UK time.


Thank you for the info, Nicola; now I've got a question: I see that the show begins at 18:00 and runs until 20:00 in the UK--are you letting us know that Loreena's interview will not begin until halfway through the show, at 19:00 UK time, or 7 PM, as we say in the US? Maybe I'll have to catch it later the next day; 7 PM is 1 AM in the morning Thursday where I live.

Jeanne
quote:
Originally posted by dlaws99:
You're going in the other direction Jeanne. It's 1:00 PM in Houston on the 3rd. London is 6 hours later.


Oh, you're right! I knew better but I goofed again, as usual. Red Face Red Face Red Face Thanks for letting me know. Smiler

Still--does Loreena's interview not begin until 1 PM CST, as opposed to 12 Noon? I'm thinking that perhaps the first hour of Mandy Morton's program might be devoted to something else...

Jeanne
quote:
Originally posted by nicola:
Just to let everyone know that a new one-hour special interview with Loreena on A Midwinter Night's Dream (recorded at Real World Studios in August) will be broadcast on Mandy Morton's Eclectic Light Show on Wednesday 3 December at 7pm, UK time.

To listen on-line, live or for a week after the original broadcast, go to www.bbc.co.uk/cambridgeshire and follow the links.


Hi Nicola

This is great news.
I will try to remember it...

Thank you so much!
Wouldn't you know--I got busy around my house and forgot to turn on this program until the final 20 minutes' worth of it. Oh, well, I thought--I can use that 'listen again' feature.

Not sure if I'm trying it too soon, or if the program just isn't going to play 'again' here in the US, but I received a message that it'd not be 'available' to hear again. Has anyone else in the US run into that little business?

'Listen again' worked before on those Mandy Morton interviews. But the site has greatly changed since the last time I visited it. I'd already been in and looked around yesterday, and I could have turned my attention to getting online at noon today if only I'd remembered to do so earlier; that was my own fault entirely.

So what all did I miss? Anything new? I wish that Quinlan Road might be able to post this interview on their website, as they did a few others in the past. I do see that the site has bunches of 'rules' though, about what cannot be allowed outside the UK... Confused

Jeanne
Dear Celtickat

Use the link that nicola gave.
You'll find the interview when pressing the "listen again"-botton a little down on the side to the right in the box BBC Cambridgeshire. Right below the botton "Listen again"

Hope you will find it!
I'm listening to it right in this moment. Because I forgot it's wednesday!! Roll Eyes


Take care
quote:
Originally posted by Anxious 2:

Use the link that nicola gave. You'll find the interview when pressing the "listen again"-botton a little down on the side to the right in the box BBC Cambridgeshire. Right below the botton "Listen again"

Hope you will find it!


Thanks--the 'listen again' feature didn't work 5 minutes after the program first ended, but certainly did on December 4th--I just finished hearing the entire interview/CD concert. I'm guessing that I tried to use 'listen again' too soon and one needs to wait awhile after the original broadcast finishes before that feature will function correctly. Live and learn, maybe?

This was a nice little advertisement for 'A Midwinter Night's Dream'--well over half the CD was played during it. Maybe I was hoping for a bit more actual 'interview talk', but as usual, Mandy asked interesting, unusual questions and Loreena of course responded in kind. I still enjoy hearing Mandy's interviews more than anyone else's I've listened to.

Now, if I can just remember to click on my 'saved' link to Mandy's program Wednesday December 10th at Noon here, in order to listen to her upcoming program about Sandy Denny...or will I inadvertently 'forget' about that one as well? Wink

Jeanne
Hi CelticKat

I think all the songs where there, played in the interview.
I thought the same as you - a little too much music.

I think Mandy Morton has a wery good way of asking interesting question, also so they don't get insulting.
Many interviewers ask questions that are somewhat inappropriate, and a bit too much to get some juicy details.
I believe (ms. or mrs.?) Mortons interviews are based on mutual respect...


quote:
Originally posted by Celtickat:
Thanks--the 'listen again' feature didn't work 5 minutes after the program first ended, but certainly did on December 4th--I just finished hearing the entire interview/CD concert. I'm guessing that I tried to use 'listen again' too soon and one needs to wait awhile after the original broadcast finishes before that feature will function correctly. Live and learn, maybe?

This was a nice little advertisement for 'A Midwinter Night's Dream'--well over half the CD was played during it. Maybe I was hoping for a bit more actual 'interview talk', but as usual, Mandy asked interesting, unusual questions and Loreena of course responded in kind. I still enjoy hearing Mandy's interviews more than anyone else's I've listened to.

Now, if I can just remember to click on my 'saved' link to Mandy's program Wednesday December 10th at Noon here, in order to listen to her upcoming program about Sandy Denny...or will I inadvertently 'forget' about that one as well? Wink

Jeanne
quote:
Originally posted by Anxious 2:

I think all the songs where there, played in the interview...


I'm sure you're right about that; I just listened to the interview for a second time and counted 12 songs, or parts of them anyhow. I may have missed the 13th song if it's there; I wasn't being exactly diligent about keeping score. Wink

And I noticed something interesting. Mandy referred to 'I Saw Three Ships' and figured she must have meant the instrumental version of 'Un Flambeau, Jeannette, Isabelle', so I decided to listen to it especially carefully.

Lo and behold, I did find that Loreena's arrangement does vascillate back and forth between the two songs I know as 'Bring a Torch, Jeannette, Isabella' and 'I Saw Three Ships'! They fit together seamlessly and are similar in many ways without being identical tunes--what a clever and fun idea, to combine them into one instrumental arrangement! Smiler

Jeanne

Add Reply

×
×
×
×