Wonderful Show in Lakewood, Ohio (Nov 4, 2016)

I saw another fine trio performance last week in Lakewood, OH, at the same nice auditorium where I first saw Loreena perform live some years ago.  Loreena, Brian and Caroline (along with Errol Fischer on fiddle for a few tunes) were in fine form, and we were treated to two new songs.  I took at stab at the titles based on a couple bits of lyrics...maybe Mark can help us out with the names of these songs.  Both featured Loreena on piano, Brian on acoustic guitar, and Caroline on cello.

First Set
Samain Night
All Souls Night
Annachie Gordon
Between the Shadows
Bonny Portmore
”Famine Suite” – the following were interspersed with spoken word passages from various sources, e.g. Yeats, first-had journals, etc.:
Morrison’s Jig (w/EF)
The Wind the Shakes the Barley
Down by the Sally Gardens
Emigration Tunes/Lark in the Clear Air

Second Set
Greensleeves
Stolen Child
“One Hundred Wishes (Could We be in France Again?)”??
“Sea of Lost Dreams (Here Were the Children Asleep)”??
The Bonny Swans
The Lady of Shallot
The Old Ways (w/EF)
Dante’s Prayer

Encore
The Mummer’s Dance (w/EF)

Original Post

Oh thank you so much!! I've been hoping someone would post the set!!  By the way, do you happen to remember the title of the book Loreena referenced when she talked about "The Stolen Child"? It was for sale at the mercy table but I didn't purchase it. I was going to check the library. Thank you!!

Jamie posted:

Oh thank you so much!! I've been hoping someone would post the set!!  By the way, do you happen to remember the title of the book Loreena referenced when she talked about "The Stolen Child"? It was for sale at the mercy table but I didn't purchase it. I was going to check the library. Thank you!!

A Short History of Progress, by Ronald Wright.

Add Reply