Reply to "Canadian Gold Certifcation for AMND"

Hi Jeanne,

Let's also remember that Warner was behind both ABOS and TMTM albums, meaning that the marketing budget to produce promotional collaterals, TV ads, billboards, in-store displays, and of course big PR agencies was hugely higher than Quinlan Road would be able to do by themselves. Not to mention the fact that that a label such Warner would be able to produce far more copies of one release and thus replenish stores around the globe much more easily and quickly than QR could do by themselves.

This is not to say of course that QR does not have the means to promote their new releases properly (Loreena has always been excellent at producing and distributing her music - let's not forget the "how to sell your own recordings" experience) BUT when the fat cats of the music industry come into play everything is much, much easier.

But Loreena does not care about sales, as long as they are able to financially support her work, her travels and her staff. She seems to be one of the least money-obsessed people artists I have ever got to know. And at least she is her own boss and is not accountable to anyone in terms of what to do or what not to do.

I remember reading about how much she opposed to the Mummers Dance remix version at the beginning, with all those synthetysed percussions. That release (albeit I do think it has a great sound) was somewhat demanded by Warner to make the sound more "appealing" to a more widespread audiences. Loreena does not accept that kind of impositions...She's a tough one! ...Sorry if I have gone slightly off topic, got carried away ;-)