Loreena McKennitt and the "Road to the Lemon Grove"

As some people may know by now, according to a recent email from Quinlan Road, Ms. McKennitt got a "behind-the-scenes" role as the "voice of God" in the (I think, independent) Canadian film, "Road to the Lemon Grove." That comes as no surprise for certain people due to the fact that she comes across to them as a "spiritual" person and from time to time, she seems not afraid to make reference to the Deity in her songs. The film is set to premiere next month in Toronto and sadly, not many will be able to see it. There might be some folks in this forum community who may be attending the showing. Of course, some of us may know that this is not the first time that the musician who created "The Mummers' Dance" had appeared in film. She was previously in the television film, "Heaven on Earth" and Disney's Tinker Bell. That role in the film itself could push her up to a supporting role or major role in a major Hollywood film. What are your thoughts? Feel free to comment on this subject below this post.

Original Post

Claire, it seems like she is more of a singer and a musician than an actress, although it is not unusual for singers to become actresses, even for Hollywood films. I was thinking that she would have the role of a high priestess or something in say, a fantasy film.  

Their is A good place I would like to visit Heaven on earth, she got A role in that film what was it? I know she sang in the beginning of "Tinker Bell" and that made A perfect mood to start the show. Where did Peter Pan go is A mystery? I think they might bring him back cause he makes fairies real in our realm. Theirs A song that I heard Alanis sing about Tinker Bell tendancy's, like theirs some help for us. Makes you think that their is A realm where fairies and Angels are especially when the wind blows. Remembering those who lost their lives for freedom and praying for those who protect it so we can serve Gods cause makes for that place "Heaven on Earth."

Wizard, "Heaven on Earth" is a film, made by CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) and debuted in 1987. It centers on a moment, in Canadian history when, in the late 19th century, British children were being sent to their homes in Canada. McKennitt wrote music for the film and actually appeared in a cameo as a female passenger at a train station (I will post the link later). The title is more metaphorical than it is literal. In the meantime, let's hope that Ms. McKennitt would land in a role in a major Hollywood film as something like a priestess of a strange cult or a mysterious enchantress/sorceress in some fantasy film (perhaps involving Celtic mythology)---and if possible, she could even team up with Enya and the two she-musicians could collaborate in appearing in a major film. It may or may not win an Academy Award, but it would be something else and we would get two (or three) for the price of one. How about that?

P.S.: As for Road to the Lemon Grove, it's pretty unlikely that Ms. McKennitt would be walking down the red carpet at the premiere. I can figure out that she is not so much into it as her "other half," who, while also keeping a low profile, seems to tolerate it like it's no big deal.

Well, as a matter of fact and answering Betty's comment, Enya did compose music for BBC's "The Celts" (which tells about the his) and ended up being in a segment (musical interlude) in which she sang an original song called "I Want Tomorrow." That's pretty much parallel to what Ms. McKennitt had done in terms of writing soundtracks for films and documentaries. Guess that between the two she-musicians, we can continue to keep the ball rolling. 

Betty, hai ragione nel dire che la signora McKennitt non sta facendo altri film storici e questo è esattamente quello che sto pensando. La cosa interessante è che il film menzionato sopra appartiene alla cultura italiana in un contesto contemporaneo ed è realizzato in Canada.

Translation: Betty, you are right to say that Ms. McKennitt is not doing any more historical films and that is exactly what I am thinking. The interesting thing is that the film mentioned above pertains to Italian culture in a contemporary setting and is Canadian-made. 

Add Reply